AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CAMEROON (AIC), Bamunka-Ndop, Cameroon
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CAMEROON
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CAMEROON (AIC)
P.O BOX 2185
BAMUNKA-NDOP, NGOKETUNJIA DIVISION, NORTH WEST REGION, CAMEROON
GENERAL INQUIRIES: INFO@AIC-EDU.ORG
ADMISSION INQUIRIES: ADMISSIONS@AIC-EDU.ORG
American Institute of Cameroon is a values-based community institution providing professional and liberal arts undergraduate education to prepare students for service and contribution to the global community. The school is a professional institute affiliated to the Ministry of Vocational Training of the Republic of Cameroon, and accredited by other international organizations.
To provide high quality, affordable, and practical education nationally and internationally by equipping students with the insights and values as well as the skills and flexibility they need to light their way through the Twenty-First Century.
To Promote academic excellence by providing education that is rooted in the American system which emphasize responsiveness to needs of others, and respect for the worth and dignity of each individual.
-To promote excellence in teaching and learning
-To promote practical knowledge-based teaching and learning
-To encourage diversity in all forms and expressions
-To encourage interaction with each other and service to the community
-To promote the worth, dignity and respect of every individual
They offer the following programs
- SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The purpose is to teach students the fundamentals of business to enable them have the key to understanding the functions of the business world. The program is designed to open new doors of opportunity for you and prepares you for success in the business world. Through a combination of programs, you will learn:
• Business Finance
• Business Law
• Microsoft Office Suite Programs and Applications
• Computer Information Systems
• Strategic Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Management, Leadership and Administrative Skills
• Business English and Communication
THE PROGRAM IS MEANT FOR:
• High School graduates
• Experienced managers or business professionals
• Students who have completed some college coursework and want to complete the degree program.
- SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDIES
They offer courses that help students to become highly skilled, effective software developers, expert security managers, and leading-edge network systems engineers. Students will study courses in:
• Information Technology (Fundamentals)
• Web Development
• Operating Systems
• Networks Design and Management
• General Education
• Leadership and
• Project Management
THE PROGRAM IS MEANT FOR:
• High School
• Network and systems engineers
• IT professionals.
• Students who have completed some college coursework
• Teachers who want to learn how to incorporate
• IT in the classroom teaching and learning experience
• Business professionals, managers, and entrepreneurs
- SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDIES
They train students to become teachers that are committed to making a difference in the life of each student and the community.
THE PROGRAM IS FOR:
• High School graduates
• Holders of a Teacher's Grade 1 Certificate
• Individuals who already hold a bachelor’s degree
• Teachers who want to learn how to use IT to facilitate teaching and learning in the classroom.
• Individuals who have completed some college coursework
- SCHOOL OF FILM, JOURNALISM AND MEDIA STUDIES
It’s designed to combine both the theoretical and practical aspects of film making and the business of film. Taught by renowned filmmakers, marketers and professional film critics, the program provides an opportunity for students to learn about script development, directing and acting, film production, post production, and computer graphics.
- JOURNALISM AND COMMUNICATION
The development of new and dynamic ways of interacting with the public has created more mass communication today than ever before. Their purpose is to help students learn to be excellent at journalism and mass communications.
- SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND PHARMACEUTICAL STUDIES (ONLINE)
• Nursing Program
The mission of the School of Health and Pharmaceutical Studies is to prepare students to become experts in the healthcare industry. Students are equipped with the necessary professional and ethical skills to care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled under the direction of physicians
• Pharmacy Program
In the program you will earn a degree in Pharmacy. You are required to complete a pharmacy technician training program that is approved by the state.
Opened to students who meet the following criteria:
Possess a High School diploma GCE Advanced Level in 2 Subjects Minimum
Possess a Diploma or Transfer courses from an accredited institution
The Teachers' Grade One certificate (if applying for Teacher-education)
Complete an Online Application Form or a Paper Application, Submit Official transcripts and Pay Application Fee as on their website.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.