DR. FRU'S GARDEN OF EDEN INTERNATIONAL HEALING AND RESEARCH (GEIHR) FOUNDATION, Buea, Cameroon
by Tangwing Pius Monji
DR. FRU'S GARDEN
DR. FRU'S GARDEN OF EDEN INTERNATIONAL HEALING AND RESEARCH (GEIHR) FOUNDATION
LOCATION: WONYA MAVIO, MILE 18, MUEA ROAD-BUEA, CAMEROON.
• To educate the rural and urban populations on the values of Traditional medicine.
• To set up research in Natural Medicine to regain its lost status.
• To increase access to acceptable quality health services to people of rural and urban environment
• To mobilize the urban communities to initiate and participate in decisions that will improve their health status and general living conditions through change of Western negative doctrine against Traditional Medicine.
• To augment and use traditional Medicine for healing and curing of diseases.
• To set up research in target areas and in other health institutions in order to augment the better management of the health system.
• To work in close collaboration with other research institutes in the area of Natural Medicine.
• To develop existing Traditional risk sharing through health financing schemes, and provide alternative and convenient ways of financing health care in order to set up access of everyone to modern Traditional Medicine health services.
The Institution was founded in 1995 in Kumba, moved to Limbe in 1996 where it continued with further research in Natural Medicine. In 1996, it came up with the first ever discovered natural medicinal product for the treatment of nearly all sorts of skin diseases. The high demand of their services in the country forced them to start opening branch clinics in other regions of the country and by mid 1998, the name of the Institution was changed to, Garden of Eden Natural Clinics Cameroon ( GAENAC-CAM).
It is a registered member of National Association of Cameroon Traditional Doctors since September 8,1997 and was classified as a registered and recognized Cameroon Traditional organization with Headquarters in Yaounde-Cameroon.
Its also registered with Groupe International des Guerisseurs Traditionennels Africains with registration number 382/AL and headquarters based in Douala-Cameroon.
The Institution became a Non-Governmental Organization since 2003 to meet its vision as far as health is concerned in Cameroon,
Africa and the world. It also runs the first ever school of Traditional Medicine known as, Garden of Eden Institute of Natural Medicine Cameroon (GAEINAMED-CAM) , registered by the government with registration number 079/G37/D9/1/Vol.7/102/OAPP/66. It trains Natural Health Practitioners, research and healing and philanthropist who give food, Medicine, clothing amongst others to the less privileged in the society.
ACITIVITIES OF THE FOUNDATION
On their various activities priority has been given to:
Here they carry out a lot of research in various domains of health without limitations. They carry out research with Traditional experts in different domains of Traditional Medicine both in villages and cities, in and out of the country.
The Institute for the training of Natural Health Practitioners is the first of its kind in Cameroon. They have been impacting knowledge of Natural Medicine to so many youths
• TREATMENT / HEALING AND COUNSELING
From their intensive research works over one and a half decade they have to their credit more than 150 medicinal products of multiple uses that are stocked in the pharmacies of the different branches of their Clinics in the country.
Over the years, they have helped so many, more especially the Blind, Orphans, Widows and Widowers, and many physically challenged by giving them food, clothing, Medicine and helping some to get a shelter, and helping many by giving them capital to start businesses for themselves.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE FOUNDATION
Their greatest achievement is that they have been able to change the mentality of so many Cameroonians, Africans and the world to believe in Natural Medicine equally known as Traditional Medicine, their priority has been the youths.
They have successfully come up with so many natural medications in the cure of diseases including those declared incurable by conventional medicine such as Hernia(s), Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, Hepatitis, Herpes, and chronic STIs amongst others.
-Global Information Network for West and Central Africa (GLOBINET) awarded a Credential of Accolade for TRY-ME as the breakthrough Traditional Medication of the Decade from the Garden of Eden Clinic.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.