PAN AFRICAN INSTITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT WEST AFRICA (PAID-WA) , Buea, Cameroon
PAN AFRICAN INSTITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT WEST AFRICA (PAID-WA) , Buea, Cameroon
Pan African Institute for Development - West Africa (PAID-WA)
P.O Box 133, Buea
Tel: (+237) 750 905 12 /(+237) 333 234 15
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
PAN AFRICAN INSTITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT WEST AFRICA (PAID-WA) BUEA
DOUALA, BAMENDA, AND YAOUNDE CAMPUSES
PAID-WA is a model African institute in the area of development. It specializes in training intermediate and senior development agents. It respects the values of democracy, humanity, equity, social justice, good governance and human rights.
PAID-WA’s mission among other things include;
- Ensuring satisfaction for the teaching staff and employees in general, I.e. at the general secretariat and regional institutes.
- Ensuring a high level of satisfaction for trainees and organizations that benefit from training
- Making trainees model managers, and
- Developing a culture of initiative in trainees.
PAID-WA is aimed at building entrepreneurial skills, manage environmental issues and manage projects at the regional levels.
It also enhance and design participants’ capacity to handle challenges in the fast-paced, conflict, human resources and the financial sectors, by combining a solid foundation in general management practices with expertise in peace-conflict resolutions, human resources and corporate finance.
The following fields are offered at PAID-WA for the MASTER OF ARTS (MA)/MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) in sustainable development;
- Agriculture and rural development (MSc)
- Environment and agricultural development (MSc)
- Finance management, planning and development (MSc)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship (MA)
- Peace, conflict management and humanitarian Action (MA)
- Regional planning and project management (MA)
- Strategic human resource management (MSC)
PAID-WA’s programme admits participants from various backgrounds and utilizes unique methodology designed to promote not only skills and capacity but also leadership in their field through internship in selected countries. It also requires participants to carry internship within and out of the country.
At least the first degree or its equivalence is the entry qualification in to these programmes.
The programmes begin in October each year and takes place in the Buea Campus only.
Duration of each programme is 24 months.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES are also offered in the Buea campus only with the following aims
- To impact knowledge and understanding on temporary development issues
- To develop the expertise needed by persons in managing financial institutions
- To equip participants with the knowledge in managing and developing skills in IT systems
- To equip students with sensitive and pragmatic skills in managing human and material resources
- To develop students in designing, planning, implementing and assessing development projects at all levels
- To build participants capacity to handle challenges in the area of peace, conflict, management and international relations.
Participants have the obligation to choose from any of the following courses;
- Development management and governance
- Finance management, planning and development
- Human resource management
- Peace, Conflict studies and International Relations.
Each of the above programme runs for a period of 12 months.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSc)
These programmes run from October each year for a period of 36 months in the Buea campus only.
They aim at;
- Offering undergraduate majors and minors with courses and related experiences that provide relevant technics and managerial skills in handling development issues
- Providing solid foundations for advanced study leading to careers in different fields of development studies
- Providing opportunities for inter-disciplinary specialization at higher degree levels
They offer courses such as;
- banking, Microfinance and entrepreneurship (BME)
- Environment and Agriculture (EA)
- Migration and Refugee Studies (MRS)
- Social Work (SW)
BSc BUSINESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES
- Management and entrepreneurship
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
Persons interested in acquiring the necessary technical and managerial skills in handling development issues and projects.
Entry qualification is a pass in the GCE Advanced level or its equivalence. Students with an HND in related fields can be
admitted into the third year of the BSc.
HIGHER TECHNICAL DEPLOMA IN DEVELOMENT STUDIES (HTDDS)
This course runs from October to June each year for one academic year in the Buea and Bamenda campuses only.
It aims at enhancing the capacity of the African community-based organizations, public service development personnel, the private sector, sustainable and participatory development.
The HTDDS programme consist of three phases-
• RURAL SYSTEM ANALYSIS (RSA) - PHASE I
• ACTION ORIENTED RESEARCH (AOR) – PHASE II
• SPECIALISED DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (SDS)
Each phase is a complete certificate course on its own and it is open to participants interested in the specific focus of that phase. To earn this diploma however, participants must complete the three phases
SPECIALISED DEVELOPMENT COURSES (SDC)
APRIL-JUNE EACH YEAR
DURATION IS 2 MONTHS
They take place in the Buea campus- January, April, and August each year
Douala, Bamenda and Yaounde campuses- October and April each year- October and April each year
• Animal production, husbandry and management (APHM)
• Community Health, Economy and development
• Disasters, climate change and sustainable development (DCCSD)
• Environmental and Geo-Information Science (Remote Sensing and GIS)
• Gender analysis, planning and development (GAPD)
• Human Resource Management and Development (HRMD)
• Peace and Humanitarian Action (PHA)
• Project Planning, Management and Evaluation (PPME)
Each of the courses is certified and is open to participants who intend to acquire or improve on their professional expertise.
PROFESSIONAL POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA, GRADUATE DIPLOMA, ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN COLLABORATION WITH THE INSTITUTE OF COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT (ICM) ENGLAND
It is a 24 months programme and each of the programme level is 6 months and are separately taken
They take place in the Buea, Bamenda, Douala and Yaoundé campuses.
- Effectively market products/services of concern, understand the intricacies of public relations mechanism.
- Develop the skills of sourcing for human resources as well as efficiently manage these resources and in the construction and analysis of financial problems.
- Managing (Post graduate Diploma)accounting and Finance (Dip. And Adv. Diploma)
- Business management Studies (Dip. And Adv. And Grad Dip)
- Customer service (Single subject diploma)
- Human resource Development (Dip, Adv. And Grad Dip.)
- Marketing, Advertising and Public relations (Dip, Adv. And Grad Dip.)
- Marketing (Dip, Adv. And Grad Dip.)
- Staff in Government, NGO’s private sector.
- Participants should have at least the A-level and first degree holders are also welcomed.
PAID-WA’s staff is drawn from a variety of cultural, national and disciplinary backgrounds, supplanted by a reliable network of external consultants from universities and the private sector.
PAID-WA is special in a variety of ways ranging from the facilities it has, the services it renders and the quality of training it provides.
PAID-WA’s main campus is situated Buea, South West region of Cameroon.
In terms of accommodation PAID-WA 36 rooms that can accommodate 72 students with shared bath/toilet facilities. Optional single or double rooms are also available. In order to secure accommodation on campus, students should clearly indicate their interest when applying for admission.
PAID-WA campus is one of the most used campus in Cameroon for academic, research and national and international workshops, seminars and events.
PAID-WA campus is surrounded by Hospitals and clinics and students can easily have access to medical facilities.
PAID-WA runs a canteen with different menu from Monday to Thursday every week as well as a shop for basic goods. Students can also decide to have their meals at the cafeteria.
At PAID-WA, the house keeping unit takes care of the cleanliness of the campus facilities, as well as general laundry.
PAID-WA has a multi-purpose sports courts and a number of in-door games facilities including table tennis. It is also close to the Buea Municipal Stadium and Mountain club which has lawn and table tennis courts and badminton.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.