THE NATIONAL COCAO AND COFFEE BOARD (NCCB) Douala, Cameroon
THE NATIONAL COCAO AND COFFEE BOARD , Douala, Cameroon
THE NATIONAL COCAO AND COFFEE BOARD
(QUARANTOR OF QUALITY, SUSTAINABILITY, AND OF CAMEROON ORIGIN)
P.O BOX 3018
TELEPHONE: (+237) 333 42 00 02
It was created in the year 1991 by decree No 97/272 0f 12 June 1991 and modified and completed by decree No 97/142 of 25th August 1997.
Their functions are:
- Assure quality control and certification
- Collect and collate production, exportation, local transformation, consumption and stock statistics
- Encourage the rationalization of trade and marketing and valorization of produce and by-products as well as promote local transformation and consumption
- Ensure the dissemination of market information to all stakeholders and guarantee optimum and coherent marketing operations
- Provide training and capacity building for an accrued professionalization of the sector and;
- Assure international representation and follow up of international agreements on coffee and cocoa issues
The board also monitors, supervises, and regulates the coffee and cocoa sectors and ensures quality standards through out the value chain (from production, marketing, transformation, consumption), based on the concept of total quality which quarantees the image world wide.
Its vision is to contribute effectively and efficiently to the fight against poverty in rural areas, by investing efforts, energy, imagination in capacity building of all stakeholders and promote sustainable cocoa and coffee.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.