UNITED ACTION FOR CHILDREN-CAMEROON (UAC)
UNITED ACTION FOR CHILDREN-CAMEROON
HEAD QUARTERS: BUEA, SOUTH WEST REGION
P.O BOX CAMEROON.
TELEPHONE: (00237) 77 72 04 18/ (00237) 91 61 52 81
It is a non-profit, non-political and philanthropic organization that commits itself to the development of a caring and sustainable society for children. It was created in 1996 to respond to the concerns about children’s education and development in the South West Region in particular and Cameroon in general. It has grown substantially over the past few years and currently runs many programs with great impacts on the children in the Buea and Mamfe communities. Its primary goal is to develop an enabling environment for the effective growth and development of children through innovative educational programs.
Its growth and activities are shaped by the following objectives:
• To offer a secured and stable environment for children and youths.
• To help rectify problems existing in the local educational system.
• To address the issue of school dropout and failure.
• To enable/motivate parents and teachers take an active role in child development.
• To use Sports to mobilise children and young people to channel their energy towards productive initiatives.
• To contribute to the eradication of poverty through quality and functional education programs.
• To introduce an approach to education in Cameroon which is different from the present.
• To offer quality and affordable nursery and primary education to orphans and vulnerable children.
• To prevent rural exodus by building a strong community, among others
Their vision is to build a society where those children who are living in a marginalized community can have access to quality education and skills to take control of their own lives and become responsible citizens like children from the opposite class.
Their main mission is to develop a caring and sustaining environment for children and young people through innovative education programs. For this reason, they have a purpose to bring about sustainable and significant in the lives of children, especially orphans and vulnerable children.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.